Get a deeper understanding of the accountabilities of the Scrum Master and continue your professional journey. Explore the challenges that Scrum Masters face, how to handle them by applying the principles and values of Scrum.
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class. Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive. The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improve their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Developers and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways to change the environment making it more conducive for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
- Improve effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Communicating the importance of a Done Increment
- How to support the Scrum Team
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
Advanced Scrum knowledge and at least 1 year of Scrum Master experience.
The training is carried out by Peter Schmid. Peter is an accredited Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), embedded systems architect and dedicated agile coach with over 20 years of experience in industry and enterprise.
Dates & Price
The training is carried out from 6 registrations on
We also offer internal trainings for your company - please inquire for an offer.
Date: On request
Language: German (Material & Assessment: English)
Location: avega IT AG, Parkterrasse 14, 3012 Bern